Sunday 5 October 2014

A PIECE OF MY MIND: WORRY!



I didn’t have the best of days yesterday. It’s evident from my carry over post to today. I got back home tired, stressed out and just pained. After being in that state for a mighty while, I started reflecting in my room, wondering if I was meant to sit in my room; moping, distressed, angry, depressed and all sorts of things that come with worrying. At that moment I felt like spilling in tears, then I remembered fret not!
I couldn’t particularly remember every part of the scripture but fret not just went on ringing in my head. I was just being questioned: Why are you worrying over circumstances you have no control of? Are you God? Did you make those things happen for yourself? Can you create anything for yourself, much more a human being? I didn’t create you to worry over things and issues that would affect your health, you can’t create a being so don’t try to kill one. As a daughter of Zion and me being the proverbs 31 woman that I am, I got up to my feet and started giving honor to God and asking for mercy for forgetting who I was and allowing the enemy to mess me up.
So I’m asking and saying to you. What is that situation that is making you worry and wear out? Have you achieved any slight progress by worrying and crying your eyes out? How long do you want to wallow in self pity? Or wait a minute; you are waiting for a pat in the back that might not come.
The truth is, you better encourage yourself in the lord (1 Samuel 30:6; but David encouraged himself in the lord) and start casting your burdens on him (Psalms 55:22; cast thy burden upon the lord and he shall sustain thee, he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved, 1 Pet 5:7). So no matter what the situation is God just told me from the Psalms that I will prevail because I am the righteous? He really truly cares! Are you in the position of being called the righteous?  Just give it a try. It really pays to be in that righteous position. WHY? It’s because we always have the victory.







1 comment:

Elliot said...

a strong message to folks who are pro's at worryin'