Monday 15 September 2014

WHO YOU ARE.



Hey peeps! I have been trying to bring something like this your way but I didn’t know how to go about it. But with God’s help it’s now a reality. I know I’m not going to be done with this issue or topic at a go but I’m going to take it in parts because there is a whole lot to talk about on who you are.
Since the inception of this blog I’ve been referring to you guys as proverbs 31 women. Not minding if you’re male or female. I know I have a few brothers in the house who check up on us here. God bless you tremendously, I believe we all learn stuff from here whether male or female and that includes me too.

So now I’m asking “Who are you”? If you’re asking yourself that question right about now. I guess some ideas are already popping up in your head. Well let me help you answer that question. You are a proverbs 31 woman by default. Yes you read right, “by default”. I am a computer science student; so don’t mind my terms. I’m used to using IT (Information technology) terms. Let me break it down to you. A default is the original settings of a system i.e. how it’s been made from the manufacturer. So being a proverbs 31 woman is God’s original settings for every female being on the face of the earth.

Now the next question is, are you still in the original setting or have you changed your settings to the one that suits you better? Are you still a proverbs 31 woman that God created you to be? Let us find out by looking into the example of a proverbs 31 woman from the scriptures (Proverbs 31: 10-31), so we know if we are still in default (the original settings).
Proverbs 31:10;
“Who may make discovery of a woman of virtue? For her price is much higher than jewels”. Bible into present day English Version.
“Who can find a worthy woman? For her price is far above rubies”. New heart English Bible Version.
“Who can find a virtuous woman? For her price is far above rubies”. King James Version.
Now let’s go there. For the question to be constructed in this manner. It could be reasonably understood that from the days when proverbs were written; as hard as it is to believe, virtuous women were already rare. But then again, you’ll say. I thought she just said we are all proverbs 31 women by default so how come it’s so hard to find a virtuous woman. Then again I’m sure we know the answer, because I mentioned it earlier. We have changed the original settings to the settings we think suits us best. We have deviated from the default.

What settings have you installed or configured?
- The most popular girl in school settings; you are popular because you attend all the parties and shows in school and you twerk the hardest, all the guys will empty their accounts just to have a piece of you. You are voted the most popular on all social platforms within your circle. You do all sorts of illicit and unworthy things just to keep up. You are the hottest bah! Being popular for the right things, of course I support but being popular for the wrong things. It’s a big NO!
-The I’m all about the outside settings; you measure your value or worth on all the things you have materially. “That’s the life” you’ll say. If it’s not Brazilian/Peruvian/ or 22 inches, It’s not a weave. Don’t get me wrong. Adorn yourself nicely but not on a do or die platform. You are just everywhere chasing nothing. Today its S5, you are there. Tomorrow its I phone 6, you are there struggling to meet up. Is that what your whole life is about?
-The call girl or runs girl (how we say it in Nigeria) setting; My God, you’ll be shocked to know it’s now a source of living. Like they now have business cards and offices, no jokes here. I’m serious. Back then, it was an eye sore to see a woman exchange herself for anything but now it is highly celebrated and you decide to choose that settings. No now, you are worth more than that.

To be continued…

2 comments:

Elliot said...

wait!! What!!............to be continued!! I boarded ur taxi of 'WHO YOU ARE' to be dropped half way?? Where's ma refunds.............uum good stuff, would give this a five star, i mean.....u proved ur point, carried us along and dropped me half way........

Keri Parkins said...

Lool. Don't mind her Elliott